Cristiano Ronaldo to extend stay in six-bedroom Madeira mansion after Juventus are forced to scrap recall



Posted Sunday, April 12, 2020 by Thesun.co.uk

CRISTIANO RONALDO is set to remain in Madeira after Italy extended its coronavirus lockdown.

Juventus had made plans for a return to training after players finished a 14-day home quarantine following a recall on Monday.

Cristiano Ronaldo to extend stay in six-bedroom Madeira mansion after Juventus are forced to scrap recall
Cristiano Ronaldo is set to extend his stay at this amazing home near the sea in CarnicalCredit: Airbnb

Cristiano Ronaldo to extend stay in six-bedroom Madeira mansion after Juventus are forced to scrap recall
Juventus' plans to resume training on Monday were shelved when Italian PM Giuseppe Conte extended a nationwide coronavirus lockdown until May 3Credit: Instagram @cristiano

But the idea is understood to have been scrapped after Italian PM Giuseppe Conte extended a nationwide coronavirus lockdown until May 3.

Portuguese media say the 35-year-old striker will now stay on his native island for the foreseeable future.

He is expected to remain in the rented £3,500-a-week six-bed mansion he moved into recently near the fishing village of Canical with his partner Georgina Rodriguez and four children.

They left a seven-storey apartment in the Madeiran capital Funchal Ronaldo bought last year for the villa with a garden overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.

Ironically it emerged on Saturday his boyhood club CD Nacional will become the first team in Portugal to resume training.

Club president Rui Alves confirmed overnight training sessions would restart in the stadium where the Juventus star was pictured practicing earlier this week.

He said players would be kept apart in different parts of the pitch in accordance with social distancing recommendations.

Cristiano's training session at second-tier side CD Nacional, his club before he signed for Sporting Lisbon ahead of his arrival at Old Trafford, led to Madeira's head of health Pedro Ramos being quizzed at a press conference.

He said the player had no special permission to train but insisted he believed he had stayed within local coronavirus lockdown rules by using his time to do physical exercise.

Ronaldo has been in Madeira since March 9 with his family.

He returned to the island ahead of the suspension of Serie A football after his mum Dolores Aveiro, 65, suffered a stroke.

The five-time Ballon d'Or winner made an initial 24-hour trip back to his native island after her March 3 stroke to see her in hospital before returning with his four children and Georgina just under a week later.

His mum has been updating fans on her recovery with a series of social media photos showing her relaxing at home after being discharged from a private hospital in Funchal.

On Friday she posed for a selfie photo in a colourful dress on the balcony of the apartment block her football son self-isolated in before moving to his "off the beaten track" rented home.



Attention: Third parties may advertise their products and/or services on our website.7M does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of their contents.
Your dealings with such third parties are solely between you and such third parties and we shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage of any sort incurred by you.